Friday, February 7, 2014

A GRATEFUL YOUNG MAN...

D.J. PETTWAY MAKES A STATEMENT...


      I don't know Pettway. Never shook his hand. I'm not even sure I would recognize him if I saw him. But I think his statements of late about coming back to Alabama speak volumes about his character. I have no idea exactly what he did a year ago or why. That was then and this is now.

    What Pettway did was obviously wrong. What Pettway had to endure to get back to Alabama would make a great movie. Have you ever seen a person so sincere and remorseful about an event that almost ruined his life? Pettway has undergone quite a transformation due to an encounter with heavenly remorse. I'm not talking church here. I'm not even talking about faith. I'm talking about what happens when a person understands the difference in getting caught and feeling that type of remorse, and the other kind. You know the kind that causes a man to look in the mirror and find the culprit of all his problems. When Pettway is finally able to tell his story I bet he'll say something about the ability to be the man he is today wasn't possible  without staring down the person he once was. His story is one of the most poignant stories I've read in a long time. I bet this man turns out to be a leader and winner both on and off the gridiron.

   Sometimes a second chance is the greatest gift a person can receive in life. You can waste that chance or do what Pettway did. I admire him for that. We all should. No person is unworthy of redemption. I hope I get to meet  him one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment