Monday, September 9, 2019

Tide fans can't take the criticism...

    One of the sad things about Alabama football fans is the complete ability to hear criticism about the football program. That makes no sense. There will come a day when Nick Saban is no longer our coach. I hope the day is years away but one day he will retire. He is a great coach. I'll leave it up to the readers to argue the Bear Bryant vs. Nick Saban question. I'll say this - I'd take either because there isn't even another choice in the argument.

    When you post online you can be anyone you'd like to be. You can say anything you like behind the anonymity of fake identification. You want to be ugly to another poster just go right ahead. There is no real penalty for doing so. I'm used to the negativity. When you write a blog it goes with the territory. What I cannot get used to is the absolute stupidity of some of the posts and the hatred.  The hatred is appalling and it is not necessary. Stupidity is merely a function of lack of intelligence.

    Perhaps it is time to consider a different manner of how forums operate.  Perhaps the real name of the poster should be required.  I wonder if we owe that to one another. Or do we will allow grown men (and women) to continue posting whatever they choose in any manner they desire. Today, I chose to write a short article expressing my concern that the football team has some obvious problems. Read the replies and see if those comments even talk about the problems I wrote. Or do they address something much sadder and more threatening about our individual characters?  You can send me an email at Midcourt@aol.com. Flame me all you wish. I have a couple of days off. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment