Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bama is ready for the Razorbacks and key player returns



 Ha Ha returns for Arkansas...
 

              Alabama is going to go to a BBQ this weekend and Arkansas is coming as the pig. No pun intended.  I'm thinking the Tide will score at least 45 points or as many as Saban will allow. Unless something happens such as a kick off return or fumble I predict that the Razorbacks won't score. Tomorrow night will be game # 1 as the tune up for the LSU Bayou Bengals. Then perhaps a sterner test when the Tide takes on Tennessee in a time honored rivalry. Bama won't score as many points against Tennessee as did Oregon.  Why not? First, Saban wouldn't allow it, and secondly I think the 'Vols have improved. The media will say "look, the Ducks are much better than Alabama".  Comparing games is a road make for fools. Alabama and Tennessee have history. Oregon and Tennessee don't. Big difference.

 
        
Don't think for one minute that Butch Davis won't help Nick Saban should Alabama and Oregon meet for the Crystal Footall. Davis knows the quickest way to rebuild Tennessee football is for the SEC to remain the big dog of college football. I do think that Oregon is a great offensive team. They can beat Alabama. That doesn't mean they will. If Oregon takes the field against Alabama it will be the most pressure packed game a Duck team has ever played. It will make the Auburn/Oregon game look an opening act for the real deal.  I admire what Oregon has done with their program. I think they play silly football but you can't argue with success. Speedball is all the rage but honestly it seems to me that football wasn't designed to be a continuous play sport such as basketball. Say what you wish about injuries but more plays mean a statistical probability for players to get hurt. I think this is going to prove to be true, especially for the defense. But looking at tomorrow.
 
         Realistically, there is no way the Arkansas should be able to be competitive tomorrow. I'm not even considering an upset as possible. Chad Lindsey has settled in nicely at center and he seems like a real leader. Skill isn't always the defining factor in being a good player.  I wonder if Saban will risk the developing chemistry of the Offensive line? I wouldn't, but Coach hasn't called me for my opinion. I'm also concerned about Yeldon not getting enough touches. He's the kind of back that gets better as the game progresses. I wonder if he can ever get in the grove splitting reps with another back. HaHa has served his stint in lock up and will dress for the Arkansas game much to the relief of Tide fans.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment