Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Looking for a consensus from recruiting sites... or how do I feel better about recruiting

Ellis 
 
Alabama fans are fixated with recruiting. There are numerous sites for fans to scoop what is the latest about players that are considering the Tide as their next stop. What happens if you take information from each of the gurus and throw out the outliers to find what is most likely correct? I did this and here is what I think is true. This doesn't mean it is a lock that all are going to Alabama. Sometimes even the most trusted sites miss one. That is the nature of trying to "guess" what a 17 or 18 year intends to do.


1.  Webb was never listed as a sure thing, although most thought that he was a Bama lean. Outcome - Georgia

2.  Kayvon Thibodeaux - This five-star recruit is listed by many sites as the top prospect in America. What is the consensus? Basically, he is expected to go to Alabama but...  It is the 'but' you have to pay attention to in this case.   Oregon is really pushing to get his signature. I pick Oregon and hope to be wrong.

3. Trey Sanders - another five-star. He has been referred to as a strong 'Bama lean. I'm not so sure. It's Bama and UGA in my opinion and my sources in the high school ranks say he is 'Bama's to lose. I think that if Jacobs or Harris went to NFL he'd be a Tider. His brother Ulmstead, a Juco grad, got an invite to Florida as a loss-leader to get Trey. 

4. I think that the loss of Webb has put Evan Neal, a five-star, front and center. Everyone says it is Bama and Miami. Why anyone would end up at Miami is above me. High school coaches tell me it is dead even. I believe most believe it is 
Alabama

   Tomorrow, I will make some calls regarding other recruits. This my first forte into football prognostications. This is easy compared to hoops. Recruiting in hoops is a dirty businesss. Hope this helps.

Roll Tide



         


No comments:

Post a Comment