Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Trey Sanders is a load and Bama may lose him...

      We all know Trey Sanders. We've all kept up with him and his recruiting saga. Last night, I decided to call my college basketball guys in Austin, Texas and get the lowdown on Sanders, Texas style.  Speculation is that Sanders eliminated Alabama from his wish list. Everyone now believes he is going to Georgia.  He may well do that. Sanders was a longtime pledge to play for Alabama. After he opened his recruitment, most thought he was solid for Alabama.

      There was also a concerted effort to persuade Sanders to become a Longhorn. Sanders took a couple of on-campus visits. Recruiting experts waivered. Fans held their breath, and are still holding. My question to my buddy was simple, "Is Sanders coming to Texas"? The answer was no. I then asked if he had any insight into his college choice. The answer was "I think he's going to Alabama."
That's what Texas thinks. They can be right, but they could be wrong.

      So if it's Georgia, why?  I honestly don't know. De'Andre Swift is a sophomore. Elijah Holyfield is a junior. It's unlikely he can beat out either of those guys. Saban frequently plays four or five backs. Georgia doesn't. So, if playing time is an issue it appears things are pretty even. Perhaps you might think that since Josh is a senior that eliminates some of the competition. Jerome Ford and Brian Robinson aren't chopped liver. Both teams send a lot of RB's to the NFL.


Saying 'I think' is different is even 'I heard him say. The only thing I learned is that someone actually said they think it Bama. Take that for what it is worth.



No comments:

Post a Comment