Sunday, December 25, 2011

RAGLAND AND TAYLOR ARE TRYING TO WRAP TIDE FANS A GIFT FOR X-MAS

TIDE TRYING TO GET HUEYTOWN'S WINSTON...

In round one FSU over Bama
Round two?
     Stop me if you heard the one about Alabama trying to flip a FSU committment. This is one story that I have some actual information because I have friends in Hueytown, Alabama. I think it is safe to say they are close to the gifted quarterback. Really close. While we were talking on the phone the other day this person told me that Alphonse Taylor's flip to Alabama was big in a lot of ways. The skill we know about. The close personal friendship between the two is something I had not heard about. "A.T. is doing is best to get J.W. to flip to Bama, and so is Reggie. The three of them are really close."  My friend went on to say that he didn't think that A.T. would have flipped unless he thought that J.W might flip as well. Well now, folks what do you think about that. Ragland, Taylor, and Winston hang tight together at camps and even talk daily. 


     Let me add I have no way of actually knowing what the pair say to Winston. I'd bet it isn't anything like you'll love FSU. But the biggest battle that anyone other than FSU faced was getting the family to understand that JW wasn't sold on FSU. The family agreed in the long run that what they wanted wasn't a reason for JW to go anywhere. And Bama is literally just up the road from the University. My friend told me that he thought LSU was moving on up.  Why? Playing time is the answer. I was told that JW really, really, very interested in the outcome of the national championship game. Let's all keep our fingers crossed, but let's also hope that J.W. is happy wherever he plays and we should support him in that. 


     FSU laid an egg this season. They are probably the most disappointing team in Division one football this year. A top 10 prediction crashed and burned early on. You have to wonder if that had anything to do with J.W. The other big boy in the recruitment is Major League Baseball. I understand that he might be a second round choice. You baseball fans can convert that into money for us if you would. Up front money is tough to beat. One thing is certain in the little saga however; Winston is taking his time, thoroughly evaluating all his options including baseball. We'll know pretty soon. 
    




Back to TiderInsider

No comments:

Post a Comment