Wednesday, December 9, 2015

MEDIA IS TRYING TO ALTER THE HEISMAN RACE...


 
DERRICK HENRY DESERVES THE HEISMAN AND HERE'S WHY...

   

   
This is the order I'd vote 1,2,3
  It’s a rare day that I find myself made at anything. It is clear that the ESPN and the SEC Network are doing their best to ensure that Stanford’s Christian McCaffrey, and I’m as mad as hell. I’ve always tried to take Paul Finebaum with a grain of salt. His comment that he was going to go back and watch McCafrrey’s last game before he cast his Heisman vote really upset me. The last game? How about being fair and watch all his previous games? That way you might get a fair balanced view of how the talent battle between Christian vs. Derrick might fall.  I like Christian McCaffrey a lot. He is fun to watch and is versatile. I don’t want any of our reader’s to think this is an anti-McCaffrey article. I doubt Finebaum is interested in fair. I also don't think he'll vote the PAC 12 candidate first.

        I’m seriously suggesting that all Tide fans quit watching his “Sports” show. Well, maybe that is a little over the top, but honestly his television/call in shows sometimes digresses into a montage of which caller is the biggest idiot of the that daty. Think of everything the State of Alabama has done to help Finebaum become a celebrity and now he wants to turn his back on those who helped his career. To compare Christian to Derrick is like a dog compared to T-Rex. Both can run, but only one will eat you alive.

        Actually, I find the return to college football of a McCaffery type player good for the game. He’s fun to watch. The little halfback is like a jitterbug on a windy day. Derrick Henry is like an Abrams tank on the battlefield. He rushed for 189 yards against a national top five defense. On McCaffery’s big day he had a ton of all-purpose yards against a team which was ranked

      Henry moved the ball to an SEC record in yards and did so against 5 teams in the top 25. McCaffrey got his yards in a conference that had exactly no teams in the top 50 NCAA. The only team in the top 50 he played against was Notre Dame, who checks in at #38. Henry got his hard-earned yards against 8 teams in the top 50. By the way, the Southern California Trojans ranked 70th in the NCAA in total defense at the time of the PAC 12 Championship game. Florida was 5th in the nation when the met the Tide in the SEC Championship game.   Watson, from Clemson, is a fine quarterback. When I see a player of his skill level, I always wonder what would Alabama teams of the future be with such a talent. No knock on Jake Coker.  I could go on and recite verse and stanza of who Clemson played, and how good the defenses the Clemson Quarterback faced. 

     The ACC, to bottom is mediocre at best. On a grade scale I've give them a C+. Clemson would lose at least a couple of games in the SEC if they were a member. They might be the second best team in the SEC East. I'll grant the SEC haters the fact that the SEC East isn't very good. The ACC Championship game proved just how bad ACC defenses really are this season. If I gave the Cardinal a grade I've give them a B. They lost two games. Clemson didn't lose a game but who did they beat? What would I give the Crimson Tide. I've give them an A-. The offense is getting better because Henry is now carrying the load. I've give the Tide defense an A+. The Tide lost one game when Coker didn't start and the Ole Miss got two fluke TD's.  Not voting for Derrick Henry is like committing a theft. It really has nothing to do with Henry. It's all about media bias toward Alabama specifically and the SEC in general.  I'd cast a vote as Henry, McCaffrey, and Watson. If Henry was allowed to catch more passes he might have beaten McCaffrey and his numbers. But his role is to be a steamroller. Plus, I think Paul Finebaum is talking to increase his personal  ratings. They all talk for ratings. Paul Finebaum, a man I personal like, is the Donald Trump of the football media. If that offends Donald Trump, I apologize to the Donald. 



RollTide.com reported Henry's accomplishments as follows:

Henry, who on Monday was announced as a finalist for the Heisman Trophy, has rushed for a school and SEC-record 1,986 yards and 23 touchdowns on 339 carries, while leading the Crimson Tide to the 2015 SEC Championship and the second seed in the College Football Playoff. He leads the nation in rushing yards and touchdowns and is second in yards per game (152.8). Henry has recorded four 200-plus yard performances this season, becoming just the third running back in conference history to do so. He has also scored a rushing touchdown in 18-straight games, which stands as the longest active streak in the conference and the most by an SEC player in the last 25 seasons.
  
Henry also broke the great Herscel Walker's SEC Rusing Record



     

No comments:

Post a Comment