Wednesday, December 30, 2015

TIDE SEEMS RELAXED AND READY FOR SPARTY



    One of very best friends, an M Go Blue Michigan fan, once told me that Michigan State was the Auburn of the State of Michigan. He further explained that MSU isn't even Michigans arch rival. That honor fell to Ohio State University. I remember the last time we played the Spartans. It was like a boxing match where one fighting wasn't allowed to throw a punch. The reason I chose to re-post a photo of that game was to refresh our memories of just how bad it was. When your All-American cornerback is asking the opposing quarterback about his health... well, you get the idea. Kirk Cousins, the primary victim of that game, was one brave quarterback, and it is with genuine sincerity I write that.

     
 The other reason is to remind Tide fans just how focused and prepared Nick Saban, and his staff can have a team ready for a big game. Make no mistake, Michigan State is a big game. I've been able to watch four of their games on television. Any Tide fan who believe Alabama is going for a casual walk in a park is misinformed. That being said, I think the Tide is going to beat the Spartans. If Alabama can slow down Conner Cook, the MSU quarterback, the Tide might make this a fairly one-sided game. The other observation about MSU is their good luck. Three games came down to final plays. The Spartans won those games. They are just as close to being a four loss team as Alabama is being an undefeated team once again. Does the face of the man in the above photo seem ready? I think Nick Saban can get a team ready for Armmageden.

        Even after last season's loss to OSU, I still believe the Big Ten just isn't as good as the SEC. Big Ten fanS will say that is arrogance. I'd say it's just a fact. Can MSU beat Alabama? The only way that can happen is if Alabama plays a five-turnover game. The is unlikely. That doesn't mean I'm offering up any disrespect to the Spartans. They have a lot of good players. Alabama has a lot more good players, including a quarterback named Jake Coker, who has gotten much better as the season rolled along. As a team, the Crimson Tide players have been there, done that, got the tee-shirt and ring before. I think that the Spartan luck is about to run out.  I like Bama by 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment